What is Integrative Wellness Coaching?
The growing field of integrative health builds from the fundamental idea that the body is a unified whole; mind, body, and spirit. Combining ancient wisdom practices and evidence-backed methods, I am committed to providing a client-centered, personalized approach to behavior and lifestyle change. Together, we explore all realms of health including, but not limited to, whole food nutrition, exercise, stress management, sleep habits, relationships, spirituality, and mindfulness.
Eliza's coaching is based on the self-compassion approach to health. She believes (and the research agrees!) that in order to achieve sustainable behavior change, we must first have a foundation of self-compassion. Researcher Dr Kristin Neff defines self-compassion simply as treating ourselves with the same kindness and understanding as we'd treat a good friend. The growing body of research on self-compassion practices has shown that it can help lower levels of anxiety and depression, increase immune functioning, and help promote positive body image, eating habits, and overall healthier lifestyle choices.
With Eliza's coaching, you will explore your own levels of self-compassion with research-proven techniques and measurements. Your relationship to your health will be seen through a self-compassion lens in order for you to realize and maintain the truest, healthiest version of yourself.
The Coaching Approach
- Together, analyze your relationship to self-compassion and begin to address your limiting beliefs
- Get clear on what area of your life you’d like the sessions to focus on and where you currently are in your wellness journey
- Together, we develop a vision of how you want your life to look and create a custom coaching plan on how to get you there
- Coaching 2x/month to celebrate successes, learn from setbacks, and help you keep the course towards your vision.
- Tailored “lifework” assignments with each session and weekly check-ins where I encourage and support you on your journey.
- At the end of our time together we will intentionally acknowledge your journey and develop next steps so you can keep growing into the best, healthiest version of yourself
All sessions are held on the phone, via Zoom Video Calling, or in-person where possible.